Ride-On Coaching Services
I have been coaching full time in the West Kootenay since 2005, and part time for several years before that. My coaching program and training facility have been growing ever since. My passion is with the sport of Eventing, which is essentially a triathlon for horses. It includes dressage, show jumping, and cross country jumping. I strongly believe in developing well rounded, happy horses and riders through a program of consistency, cross training and groundwork.
Whether you are a recreational or competitive rider, my coaching is geared towards developing a strong foundation of skills and knowledge for riders. Continually learning, and integrating Equitation Science (Scientific evidence based training) has made the goal of teaching clear communication between rider and horse so straightforward. This focus translates into excellent training results, rider safety, and optimal welfare of the horse.
The riders’ short and long term goals will be discussed regularly, and I will facilitate with the planning and execution to help make these goals happen. Whether competition is part of your plan or not, I am excited to help you get the most out of your equine experience. I strive to provide equine enthusiasts of all ages and abilities with a quality lesson program.
Coaching Services Offered
- RIDING LESSONS
- EVENT COACHING – Coaching available at Horse Trials in BC and some US locations. Inquire for rates.
- CLINICS – Inquire for availability and prices
- EC ENGLISH RIDER PROGRAM – (Rider level preparation and testing from levels 1-6)
- HIGH SCHOOL CREDITS – inquire for details
- MENTORING – for those working towards their EC Instructor of Beginners or EC English Competition Coach
- HORSE TRAINING PROGRAMS