Ride-On Coaching Services
I have been coaching full time in the West Kootenay since 2005, and part time for several years before that. Every year since then, my program has been growing and evolving. My experience is with the equestrian disciplines / english riding, from recreational to competitive – from beginners to more advanced – from kids to adults.
My competitive focus is on the sport of 3 Day Eventing, which is essentially a triathlon for horses. The sport of eventing started as a way to test military horses, showcasing what it took to be a great horse on and off the battlefield. Each competition has three phases: dressage, cross country and show jumping.
My coaching program focusses on the development of riders looking to begin their equestrian path and/or expand their knowledge and skills with dressage, and/or show jumping, and cross country jumping. The riders’ short term and long term goals will be discussed regularly and I will facilitate with the planning as well as the execution to make these goals happen.
Whether competition is part of your plan or not, I am excited to help you get the most out of your equine experience. I strongly believe in developing well rounded, happy horses and riders through a program of consistency and cross training. I strive to provide equine enthusiasts of all ages and abilities with a quality lesson program. Lesson horses are available!
Coaching Services Offered
- RIDING LESSONS
- EVENT COACHING – Coaching available at Horse Trials in BC and some US locations. Inquire for rates.
- CLINICS – Inquire for availability and prices
- EC ENGLISH RIDER PROGRAM – (Rider level preparation and testing from levels 1-6)
- HIGH SCHOOL CREDITS – inquire for details
- MENTORING – for those working towards their EC Instructor of Beginners or EC English Competition Coach
- HORSE TRAINING PROGRAMS